Wednesday 2 May 2012

Worth the Time

2nd May 2012 – Jake – You are the reason why even at the saddest part of my life, I smile. Even at confusion, I understand. Even in betrayal, I trust. Even in fear of pain, I love. 

On the weekend I am channel surfing whilst waiting for the Moto GP to start and I catch the last hour of the movie, Sound of Music.
The part where Maria is torn, confused and angry between her feelings for Von Trapp and her dedication to the church and God.  I immediately thought of the conflict Neytiri has between her feelings for Tsu’tey and me.  The mother superior tells Maria she cannot use the church as a refuge to hide from her feelings, her destiny, etc.  She quotes the following gems: 
You have to live the life you were born to live.
The Lord closes a door and opens a window.
Look for your life.
Maria finds peace in her conflict and ends up marrying Von Trapp (if only life imitated art!). Last night we had the most amazing experience.
Neytiri has finally (it appears) found peace in our relation. Hopefully, she will soon be able to know what she wants. She now acknowledges we are soul mates and questions her perceived love for Tsu’tey!  I have always stated, at the emotional level, all human relations are need based (and used to keep the ego alive!). 
Yesterday’s post also had special meaning for her and I believe it is a reflection of our love. We now talk about “we” and “us” and there is no “time” created in our relation and hence no ill feelings or festering.
We have passed the true test : The true test of friendship isn’t about how you much you love someone when they are at their best, but how much you love them when they are at their worst.
Neytiri has told me so much about her past (an amends may be in  order) and a year ago I would not have been able to handle it; I was not strong enough. Hence her truth had to wait its turn. So divine!  She was strong for me back then and my Higher Power made it so that I would be strong for her now. Sublime!
And as stated at the end Friendship is Spiritual and we have a spiritual partnership.
Neytiri went on to say how she has told Tsu’tey everything about our relation and I asked her why does he tolerates it? She thought it was because he is spiritual and may have some guilt issues over his past treatment of her.   Happy Wife; Happy Life!  I told her “I bet he regrets sending the email back in August 2010!”  He is our connector, an angel. Either way it was meant to be.
Since doing the Steps, she is now more aware of her Higher Powers messages and signs.  She is learning to trust her intuition. It will only get better and I am so happy for us!
I have been doing the Aaaah meditation every morning to manifest our destiny.  Deep down I suppose I am concerned where we gonna be? How will it end? I have read that I should make my request and then let go of the result;  not be attached to the outcome.  My Higher Power works in mysterious ways and knows what is best for me at the right time in the right place.
This is so true.  After the events of July 2011, I had clarity of our relation but Neytiri did not.  Her conflict used to affect me adversely.  After our time out in October 2011, I had peace in the relation because I had let go.  I was not attached to the outcome anymore. I need to get off "pause" and live the dream.
As stated so many times: Let Go and Let God!
Ironically, when we get busy, the first thing that tends to get cut back is our meditation practice. We have less time and a lot on our plates, so it makes sense that this happens, but in the end it doesn’t really help us. Most of us know from experience that we function much better when we give ourselves time each day to sit in silence. And the more we have to do, the more we need that solitary, quiet time for the day ahead. As a result, while it may sound counterintuitive, it is during busy times that we most need to spend more time in meditation rather than less. By being quiet and listening to the universe, we will be given what we need to get through our day.

Expanding our morning meditation by just 10 minutes can make a big difference, as can the addition of short meditations into our daily schedule. The truth is, no matter how busy we are, unless we are in the midst of a crisis we always have five or 10 minutes to spare. The key is convincing ourselves that spending that time in meditation is the most fruitful choice. We could be getting our dishes done or heading into work earlier instead, so it’s important that we come to value the importance of meditation in the context of all the other things competing for attention in our lives. All we have to do to discover whether it works to meditate more when we are busy is to try it.

We can start by creating more time in the morning, either by getting up earlier or by preparing breakfast the night before and using the extra time for meditation. We can also add short meditation breaks into our schedule, from five minutes before or after lunch to a meditation at night before we go to sleep. When we come from a place of centered calm, we are more effective in handling our busy schedules and more able to keep it all in perspective. If more time in meditation means less time feeling anxious, panicky, and overwhelmed, then it’s certainly worth the extra time.

For more information visit dailyom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment