Tuesday 1 May 2012

CREATING REAL FRIENDSHIPS

30th April 2012 – Jake – Remember: 2day is ULD! May the Force b with u..Ish'llah
30th April 2012 – Neytiri – I remember. Have done the ul meditation you sent.
30th April 2012 – Jake – Good onya! I can feel the LOVE oozzing!

Yesterday was our first day of really, really praticing uncoditional love for all the persons  who and dreams which come into our lives on this day for a 24 hour period.  It is to be a weekly practice, initially and one day it will be an everyday, natural part of who we are.  I then get the below in the evening.  Mind blowing stuff!! (Incidentally, I had a great day yesterday)



72 Name of the Week

Ayin Hei Hei

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

I focus on unconditional love for all people around me and the dark forces within are cast out.

In the past, I have felt judgment or hatred for certain people.

Now, as I picture those people in my mind I feel only love.

Light washes over them and me as I recognize the common thread we share – the spark of the Creator.

We are one soul.

 There is a famous story about a student who asked a great kabbalist if he could teach him the all the lessons of the Bible while standing on one leg. He replied that he could certainly do so, and then he spoke the following words: “Love your neighbor as yourself. The rest is commentary.”

Love does not happen easily—not even among friends or in a close-knit family. If our brothers and sisters or our parents weren’t family, would we still love them? Many people, if they were to answer honestly, would have to say “no.”

There’s no doubt about it: Love is hard work, especially, love for those closest to us.

I remember someone once remarked to my father, the Rav, that people are lucky if in the course of their entire life they have five true friends whom they really love. He replied, “No, you’re wrong. People are lucky if they have even one real friend.”

A real friend we truly love is more than someone who goes with us to a movie or a basketball game. It’s a closeness that is beyond just feeling comfortable with that person. It’s someone with whom we remain connected always.

Loving friendship is very rare, but it’s also something we should strive to achieve. Not because it’s fun or interesting, but because real friendship is a basic need. We need to reach a level of closeness with others where we remove the space, where “you” and “I” stop being two and begin to merge into one called “we.”

This week, try to remove the separation between yourself and those closest to you. Love them as you would like them to love you! This will have a different meaning for each of us. Maybe it’s about making more time to spend with the loved ones in our lives or maybe it’s about looking past a friend or family member’s flaws to see their inner good. Whatever the case, it will mean sharing with them even when it is uncomfortable and loving them without any conditions or strings attached.

The true test of friendship isn’t about how you much you love someone when they are at their best, but how much you love them when they are at their worst.

You may have noticed, I recently tweeted that friendship was as important to me as spirituality.

But the truth is: Friendship is spirituality.

All the best,

Yehuda

Join me at my weekly class on Kabbalah University 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment