Sunday 27 May 2012

The Promises..Coming True


26thMay 2012 – Jake – A year ago u were admiring the Monaco track & hunks! Now u r just admiring the hunk of a double choc MT!

27th May 2012 – Jake – My love as deep; the more I give to thee. The more I have, both are infinite..Ish'llah

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY: Each morning I place myself and all my worries and problems into God's loving care. I ask my Higher Power to take charge of my life for this day. I surrender my mind, my body, my life and my will, asking for the strength and courage which I need to keep going. I turn my family and friends over to God also, asking that they be helped with their health, happiness and any concerns they may have. When I have done this, I then ask for specific help with problems such as too little patience, intolerance, my habit of criticising, and unforgiveness. This starts the day off on the right track for me.


The day is easier when my concerns are on God's hands.


I attended my local CoDA meeting the other day and the topic for discussion was tradition 7.

There were 2 sharing that stood out for me.  The first was a by a member who has been financially dependent on her spouse all her adult life.  Now that the youngest has started school she was thinking about contributing financially to the household. What really scared her was to have someone financially dependent on her, as she has never had to this.

The second was by a long standing member who is always bubbly and one of the first to share at meetings.  She always appeared to be coping well in recovery. This time she was visibly and emotionally distressed and was the last to share. It reminded me that we are never really 100% recovered or “normal”.  In fact, perfection is not a goal (although the ego loves perfection!) and rather we should focus on Step 10 and Promise 4 – awareness.  We have to remain ever vigiliant and present!

She said something that was gold: “I’m struggling with being vulnerable but if I cannot be vulnerable here then where can I be?”

Later as we read the Promises of CoDA, I thought about how much progress I have made and how far I’ve come.  The same will happen for Neytiri, although she lacks faith and keeps thinking herself to be the perfect wretch! However, as previously stated there is no such thing as perfect, except for LOVE, so she has failed at this, as well.

It is all about bottoming out and then making a commitment for a better contribution to life. Take control of the inside and the outside will take care of itself.  Same with our physical health.  Most humans spend more time looking after their outside health, i.e. their ego’s perception of the perfect human but fail to take care of the inside of the body where it matters most.

It is appropriate to revisit the CoDa Promsies and whislt all are equally important, I have emphasised the ones of particular relevance to us right now.


The 12 Promises




I can expect a miraculous change in my life by working the program of Co-Dependents Anonymous. As I make an honest effort to work the Twelve Steps and follow the Twelve Traditions...


1.            I know a new sense of belonging. The feeling of emptiness and loneliness will disappear.

2.            I am no longer controlled by my fears. I overcome my fears and act with courage, integrity and dignity.

3.            I know a new freedom.

4.            I release myself from worry, guilt, and regret about my past and present. I am aware enough not to repeat it.

5.            I know a new love and acceptance of myself and others. I feel genuinely lovable, loving and loved.

6.            I learn to see myself as equal to others. My new and renewed relationships are all with equal partners.

7.            I am capable of developing and maintaining healthy and loving relationships. The need to control and manipulate others will disappear as I learn to trust those who are trustworthy.

8.            I learn that it is possible to mend - to become more loving, intimate and supportive. I have the choice of communicating with my family in a way which is safe for me and respectful of them.

9.            I acknowledge that I am a unique and precious creation.

10.        I no longer need to rely solely on others to provide my sense of worth.

11.        I trust a guidance I receive from my higher power and come to believe in my own capabilities.

12.        I gradually experience serenity, strength, and spiritual growth in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment