Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Highest Choice

7th March 2012 – Jake
Oh my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long lonely time,
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?
I need your love,
I need your love
God speed your love to me.
Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea,
To the open arms of the sea, yeah!
Lonely rivers sigh "wait for me, wait for me"
I'll be coming home,
Wait for me..Ish’llah

Yesterday morning I turned on the radio and the following song was playing.  I’ve heard it numerous times before but this morning it had a deep, sublime significance for me.  It made my day.  It was also voted best song, ever by the station!



There is a brilliant chapter (9) in Conversations with God about relationships and I quote:

Yet the purpose of relationship is not to have another who might complete you; but to have another with whom you might share your completeness.

This is what Neytiri and I have or aim to have?


Here is the paradox of all human relationships: You have no need for a particular other in order for you to experience, fully, Who You Are, and...without another, you are nothing.

Let each person in relationship worry about Self – what Self is being, doing, and having; what Self is wanting, asking, giving; what Self is seeking, creating, experiencing and all relationships would magnificently serve their purpose – and their participants!

Let each person in relationship worry not about the other, but only, only, only about Self.

The most loving person is the person who is Self-centred.

They have virtually nothing to do with the other, yet, because they involve another, they have everything to do with the other.

This is the divine dichotomy.

This is where I believe Tsu’tey operates from and that is why he is at peace with our relationship. He is probably long on the way to enlightenment.  We are so very grateful for this.


The Master is one who always comes up with the same answer- and that answer is always the highest choice....what choice is highest?

Yea, let all those who have ears to hear, listen. For I tell you this: at the critical juncture in all human relations, there is only one question:

 “WHAT WOULD LOVE DO NOW?”

Awesome!


Neytiri told me she renewed a friendship via Skype and the guy is keen to text het and/or talk to her on a regular basis.  I told her she has an impact on people, especially males. So is she the ultimate temptress or seductress? Am I caught in her spell? I think not.

I was reminded of the movie Something about Mary. Ben Stiller tells Cameron Diaz (BTW this movie has significance for me as Diaz is taller than Stiller, just like Neytiri and me) that people (males) like her because of the way she makes them feel about themselves! I think Neytiri is the same.

Anyway the guy recommends some authors to her and she tells him she’s got to finish Tolle first before reading anything else.

I suggest she should complete the 12 steps first before moving on. She is a bit perplexed by this. I since realised that because she has not yet bottomed out! It is only when one is discontented and disgusted with one’s current situation that the compelling reason for major change happens.

ADMIT -> SUBMIT -> LIVE -> (Perfect) LOVE -> A NEW EARTH -> HEAVEN

On a positive note she saw a movie and the main character says words to the effect “That what should have been the worst 2 years of his life, turned out to be the best!”  That’s how she feels about her last 2 years (rounded up to the nearest year). I’m grateful I was blessed with the opportunity to share this period with her.

To wrap up she tells me she picked up her phone so many times but held back at the last moment. She is not comfortable expresses her feelings via this blog. But we are slowly peeling away at the onion!  God willing…

No comments:

Post a Comment