Friday 30 March 2012

A New Life!


30thMarch 2012 – Jake – I’ve always been told to share my blessings and I’ve been generous. But when I met you, I said to myself, “What the heck? You’re one of the few blessings I don’t wanna share with anyone else.” 

Tonight was to be our final night before I leave to go back to my roots and I had previously told Neytiri, I would like to finish the steps with her so the spiritual life can truly commence. (It was just like E did with me.)

She said she was now ready to surrender.  So we started reading and going through the relevant pages of the Big Book.  As she read, I was awestruck by the content and how relevant it was to her, to me and to us.  We definitely all share the same sins/experiences. The sponsoring trauma is the same; it is just the subsequent manifestation that differs.

The Force was so strong this night you could cut it with a knife! She did het Step 3 prayer and straight away I noticed a change in her demeanour.  She became joyous & happy and had a radiate glow. It was an amazing sight.  I was so happy for us.

She said she felt she wanted to just be with me, wishing I was there in the moment.  She had a genuine smile and it was not the little girl.  

We finished the steps and I felt intense joy and peace.  I now knew we were on “the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe.”

She had built her spiritual arch and now it is just a matter of time before she is rocketed into the 4th dimension.  

But as the Big Book says; this is only the beginning. Faith without works is dead.  We have to be ever vigilant not to become complacent.

This is so true, as I find that as I am working with Neytiri, it is a refresher for me.  I am getting just as much out of it as her.

So we have now drawn a line in the sand.  She will now live in Steps 10 to 12 as she heals the past and moves forward.  We have to gain awareness so as not to repeat our past mistakes.   This is the challenging part.  It will be painful but we come out the other end a better person. Have faith: Let go and Let God! Thy Will, not mine, be done.

I am amazed at the power and simplicity of the Big Book.  I cannot understand why some people spend $000’s of dollars on therapy and medications but hesitate to spend a few dollars to buy the Big Book.  Maybe it’s denial or they are scared to face the truth. Self-will run riot. I think Neytiri has now realised it’s power.  Pure Magic!

“We are willing to grow along spiritual lines....We claim spiritual progress rather than spiritual perfection.”
“We have found much of heaven  and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment