Friday 23 March 2012

Tradition 5

22nd  March 2012 – Neytiri – I can't get through this without you.
22nd  March 2012 – Jake – We r in this together 4 life & I'm willing if u r. R we on skype later?
22nd  March 2012 – Neytiri – I'm taking my nephew for fish and chips so i can't. I just needed to know that i wasn't alone. Skype you next week.
22nd  March 2012 – Jake  Only if u keep your promise to visit me!
22nd  March 2012 – Neytiri – Yes

Last night I attended a CoDA meeting. I try I attend a meeting at least once a month.  I used to attend weekly but have since cut back. I would attend more often but I find it too far to travel, especially in peak traffic.  I am a bit spoilt in that all my day to day activities are with 10 kms of home.  So anything further is too far!
Last night was wet and I was in 2 minds whether to attend or not and felt drawn to the meeting. What always amazes is when I do attend the topic for discussion is about something that is relevant in my life at that moment or something I am reading about!
Yesterday’s topic was Tradition 5 :   Each group has but one primary purpose: to carry its message to other codependents who still suffer.
This was relevant for me considering the recent step 5 work I did with Neytiri and my encounter with G. a few weeks ago. However I was humbled by one of the attendee’s comments that in the beginning she was an evangelist in her crusade and tried to convince someone the CoDA program is the solution to all their problems. She could not understand why the person rejected her crusade.  So she warned be careful.
I was reminded of Tradition 11 which states …based on attraction rather than promotion… Effectively wait for the person to reach out rather than advocate or push my view. I suppose it was a lesson I had already learnt but was good to have it reinforced.
I had a restless night and it was like my Higher Power was doing a memory dump on me.  I was getting so many questions answered I could not keep up and right now not really tired.
On a positive note Neytiri is to keep her promise to visit me. I was relieved because, coincidentally at the weekend I had to dodge a bullet from Mo’at regarding her plans for the next school holidays.  Suffice to say I would have been in deep if Neytiri pulled out of her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment