Wednesday 8 August 2012

THE LIGHT OF TODAY


How many things, once important to us in our lives, have we lost? It could be a friendship that faded away or a job we once had. Maybe it was an ex who we ended things with on a sour note or a family member to whom we never fully expressed our love or gratitude. 

In looking at the things in our lives we have lost, we should ask ourselves: Did I reveal the most amount of Light I could have there?

Unfortunately, the answer is often no. 

There is a reason everything in our lives comes to us and it is always the same reason: To reveal as much Light as possible there and through doing so attain fulfillment. 

What we really lost wasn’t just the person or the job or the relationship. We lost the opportunity to reveal Light. 

The problem is we believe we have an endless bank of those opportunities. We think, If I miss this one, I’ll catch the next. But the truth is, sometimes we don’t have the merit to receive another. Sometimes we’re just here for that one moment or that one person and if we miss it, we don’t get a second chance. 

We all are given a certain amount of time to do our work. Every opportunity has its spiritual expiration date. Our ego, however, will always try to convince us that we have all the time in the world and our work can wait another day. 

The Light that can be revealed today is meant to be revealed today. Tomorrow holds a new package of Light that is meant to be revealed. 

Using every chance we get to reveal Light everywhere we can—we will change ourselves for the better. 

We don’t know if or when the Light that’s available to be revealed today will ever come around again.

All the best,

Yehuda

72 Name of the Week

Yud Nun Dalet

ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH

I will no longer settle for less in any area of my life.

I want everything that is possible.

Banishing all darkness and doubt from my life, I will seize every opportunity available to me to reveal Light, making all things wonderful a part of my daily existence

No comments:

Post a Comment