Friday 24 August 2012

MY LAST (Video Log) POST!

August 24, 2154:

Well, uh, I guess this is my last video log. Whatever happens tonight, either way, I'm not gonna be comin' back to this place. Well, I guess I better go. I don't wanna be late for my own party. It's my birthday, after all. This is Jake Sully signin' off.


In the movie, AVATAR, Jake signs off with the above knowing that he will become a Na'vi: THE DREAM now becomes reality and his past life as a human is over.  He is one with Neytiri; they are mated for life!

(Jake Sully: Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.)


In real life, TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, the auspicious day we chose to re-connect on, after our brief and earth shattering encounter, which now seems like a lifetime ago.  It has been tough these last few weeks.  I regressed and was depressed and full of grief, as you would expect.  I previously said it was going to be the best of times and the worst of times.  It sure came true.

The 2 weeks were the BEST ever and since has been the worst.  But as it says in CWG, how do I know what's good/happy/joy if I don't experience the opposite.  It surely has been an emotional roller coaster and today is the turning point, come what may.

I think it marks the end of the beginning, phase 1 and we move on to the next phase of this incredible journey.   
I get all emotional just reading Jake's last video log and get a sense of the enormity of it all.  In a way, my life is the same.  24 years ago marked the beginning of the "Dream" and our rendezvous in July 2012 marked the end of the beginning. 2 years ago I was just letting life happen rather than manifesting my destiny.  It was the pivotal point in my life (Incidentally, unknown at the time but Neytiri was destined to visit me; the renewal date on her passport is 24 AUGUST 2010! Sublime).

Now we come to the critical part.  In the movie, symbolically Jake becomes a Na'vi; for us it will be when we are unconditionally and physically one.  When I next talk to Neytir I will have an understanding of where we stand.  The FORCE has been so, so strong these past weeks since our rendezvous (and my libido is back!).

Reviewing the events of the past 2 decades, I now believe Tsu'tey knew the events of 24 years ago marked the beginning of the end for his relation with Neytiri.  He did his utmost to ensure the circumstances of that night would not be repeated and in effect kept us apart. Two of the most happiest days of his life may have been the day I married Mo'at and the day we left Africa.  That created safety, distance and a false sense of complacency. He held on and resisted as long as he could, but no one can outrun their destiny!  That's why he had to set her free and will in the end.

He lost Neytiri 2 years ago, after her 8 month binge.  She was in a place the eye does not see! He then took a gamble and had one last roll of the dice hoping the years and distances apart would be sufficient to maintain the illusion.  He took one of the hardest decisions of his life and hoped that any feelings she had for me would have died off by then.

In order to save Neytiri and the relationship he knew he would have to let Jake back into her life; the one person he knew who lit her up like no other.  Happy wife; Happy Life was his motto and it worked; for a period.
But just as in AVATAR, I needed Neytiri and she needed me; we just did not know it at the time.  We had to take it to a whole new level and that we did.  We are now the Toruk Macto!

(Neytiri: It is Toruk, Last Shadow.
Jake Sully: Yeah, right. It's the last one you'll ever see.
Toruk Macto, Rider of Last Shadow. Toruk Macto was mighty. He brought the clans together in a time of great sorrow. All Na'vi people know this story.
Jake Sully: [speaking Na'vi] Tsu'tey, son of Ateyo, I stand before you ready to serve the Omaticya people. You are Olo'eyctan, and you are a great warrior. I can't do this without you.
Tsu'tey: Toruk Macto, I will fly with you. )

In the movie, Tsu'tey tells Jake "Toruk Macto, I will fly with you!"  I get all teary whenever I see this part in the movie.  Up to that point in the movie, everything Tsu'tey said and thought about Jake was vindicated but Tsu'tey knew in the moment he needed Jake now and hence in that instance became so very present; the past meant nothing! Wow.

I now know why this part of the movie is so special and emotional for me because in real life that was what Tus'tey did 2 years ago.  He needed me and in that instant he forgot the past and sent me the fated email.  I think initially he thought we are so far apart that what could possibly happen. 

However, it was our destiny and things did start to happen. Thereafter, he knew she had feelings for me; she told him so. He knew we were on Skype for hours on end; he checked the history.  He knew she missed me during periods of non-contact; he told her he alone is not good enough for her. She asked to visit me and he permitted her to visit. All was tolerated for the greater good?

These last few weeks have given me a real appreciation of being present; all there ever was; all there ever is and all there ever will be is happening NOW!

Below are some relevant / meaningful quotes from the 2 movies that mean so much for us:


Neytiri: Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

Jake Sully: Yes, she is a good hunter. But I've already chosen. But this woman must also choose me.
Neytiri: I'm with you now, Jake. We are mated for life.

Jake Sully: I see you.
Neytiri: I see you

Jake Sully: [Narrating] One life ends, another begins


Jake Sully: Look, I know you probably don't understand this...
[Neytiri ignores him and speaks Na'vi]
Jake Sully: Thank you.
[Neytiri speaks Na'vi]
Jake Sully: That was pretty impressive. I would have been screwed if you hadn't come along.
[Neytiri stands up and leaves. Jake follows her]
Jake Sully: Hey, wait a second! Where are you goin'? Wait up! Just, hey, slow down! I just wanted to say thanks for killin' those things...
[Neytiri hits him with her bow]
Jake Sully: Aah! Damn!
Neytiri: Don't thank. You don't thank for this! This is sad. Very sad only. Jake Sully: Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I'm sorry.
Neytiri: All this is your fault. They did not need to die.
Jake Sully: My fault? They attacked me! How am I the bad guy?
Neytiri: Your fault! Your fault.
Jake Sully: Easy. Easy...
Neytiri: You are like a baby. Making noise, don't know what to do.
Jake Sully: Easy. Shh. Fine. Fine. If you loved your little forest friends... why not let them kill my ass? What's the thinking?
Neytiri: Why save you?
Jake Sully: Yeah. Yeah, why save me?
Neytiri: You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child! [Neytiri walks away and Jake follows after her]
Jake Sully: Well, if I'm like a child, then look, maybe you should teach me.
Neytiri: Sky People cannot learn, you do not See.

Jake Sully: Then teach me how to See.
Neytiri: No one can teach you to See.



Jake Sully: [Narrating] When I was lying in the V.A. hospital with a big hole blown through the middle of my life, I started having these dreams of flying. I was free. But sooner or later, you always have to wake up.

Jake Sully: All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for.

Jake Sully: [Narrating] Outcast. Betrayer. Alien. I was in the place the eye does not see. I needed their help. And they needed mine. But to ever face them again, I was gonna have to take it to a whole new level.
Jake Sully: [Narrating] Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move.


"This alien will learn nothing... a rock sees more... look at him."
- Tsu'tey to Neytiri after Jake tries to ride a direhorse.  
You have now reached infatuations final destination. The Complete and Merciless devaluation of self.

You're the falsa magra. You are slender and elegant in a distance, but up close, you are round and fleshy. (This is a perfect description of Neytiri!)

I do not need to love you to prove that I love myself.

You are running away from all the great possibilities of your own life.

Sometimes to lose balance for love is part of living balanced life.

In the movie EPL, it ends with the following:

I've come to believe that there exists in the universe something I call "The Physics of The Quest"- a force of nature governed by laws as real as the laws gravity or momentum. And the rule of Quest Physics maybe goes like this: 

"If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting(which can be anything from your house to your bitter old resentments)and set out on a truth-seeking journey(either externally or internally),and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared - most of all -to face (and forgive) some very difficult realities about yourself....then truth will not be withheld from you."
Or another way is :"Have a mind that is OPEN to everything and ATTACHED to NOTHING!"

I have come to a similar conclusions:
  •  I have to leave my existing "comfort zone" to progress.  Whatever happens after today, I'm not going back!
  • One life ends; another life begins.
  • To Thy Own Self Be True!
  •  It is irrelevant whether we maintain contact or not and if we do, how often. I am still living a lie and I have to tell my truth.
  • The truth shall set me/us free.  It is gonna take a lot of courage but I know and pray that I will have the courage when the time comes to tell my truth.  It will probably one hell of a shit fight at home and so be it.
  • Uniting 2 halves of 1 soul is inevitable.
  • Our Journey; One journey; Half Neytiri's; Half Mine!
  • I AM because you are
  • Don't settle for the one you can live with; wait for the one you can't live without.
  • No one can outrun their DESTINY!
  • Eventually I know Neytiri will say: "Let's Cross Over!"
  • Our true calling will be revealed.
  • If I can accept my lot with patience and contentment, accepting as His Will, then I am loving God.
  • ISH'LLAH - if it is GOD'S WILL!
  • Let Go and LET GOD!

This is Jake Sully signin' off.....50 SMD (until AVATAR 2 is released when Neytiri & I will watch it together at home)!


PS:

Links to detailed biography of main characters (and other AVATAR information) :

Jake Sully : http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Jake_Sully

Neytiri: http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Neytiri

Tsu'tey: http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Tsu%27tey

No comments:

Post a Comment