Monday 13 August 2012

GOD IS OUR SHADOW

Just what I need on this ULD!

We all at one time or another have disagreements with people and that's perfectly all right. The problem, and often the moment when a disagreement escalates into an argument, is when we don't take the time to hear the other person's point of view.

We don't listen because not only do we think we know all the facts, but we think we're right. I don't know about you, but sometimes I even think, If I listen to what so and so has to say, maybe he or she will be right. Then I will have to say I made a mistake and there's nothing worse than that!

The refusal to make an effort to understand another person's point of view not only hurts that relationship, but ultimately it blocks our connection with the Light. When we cut ourselves off from others, the Creator cuts Himself off from us.

It is written in Psalms, "God is our shadow." If we move, our shadow also moves with precisely the same speed and direction as our movement. As we act towards others, so God acts towards us. Our actions in this world are like a boomerang: If we do good, then good comes back to us; on the other hand, if we cause conflict or separation, then those things too will come back to us.

The Creator simply cannot give us more than we give others.

When we find ourselves in disagreements, let's start seeing them as opportunities to open our ears, minds and most importantly our hearts to the people in our lives. By doing so, we can create an opening for the Creator to pour his blessings upon the world.

All the best,

Yehuda

72 Name of the Week

Hei Lamed Yud

SWEETENING JUDGMENT

I will spread love for no reason.

I will resist my tendencies toward judgment.

As I look back on negative words or deeds from my past, I replace them with Light and compassion.

I will make the effort to look upon others with compassion, sweetening judgments as they come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment