Monday 1 April 2013

CONSISTENT FULFILMENT


There are many things we can do that bring us blessings—from doing good deeds for others to investing time in spiritual study. And hopefully, if we are all on a spiritual path, we are doing these things daily. Sometimes, however, we may spend several hours a week devoted to good things and still we don’t see the blessings manifest as much as we would like. 


It’s good to ask in times like these: What am I doing that is blocking the Light?

We could spend a week feeding the homeless, praying for others, and giving to charity, but if at the end of the week we decide to rob a bank, we probably won’t see blessings and miracles manifesting in our life. On the contrary, we will probably see the inside of a jail cell.

This is an extreme example but in truth we all do things that disconnect us from the blessings and miracles that are rightfully ours. Our moments of disconnection may seem insignificant but the small things add up. Imagine a man in the middle of an ocean, feeding the birds and collecting the garbage on the water but in his spare time, he drills the tiniest hole in the bottom of his boat. The hole may be insignificant but eventually the boat will sink—even with all the good he is doing. 

One of the reasons true kabbalists reveal so much greatness in their lives is because they know a profound truth: Even the smallest negative action can create a distance between us and all that we are meant to receive. 

Nobody’s perfect, and yes all of our good deeds count toward revealing Light in the world. But to see the most results from our spiritual work it’s important to try not to veer from the path. 

The more consistent the efforts, the more consistent the fulfillment. 

72 Name of the Week

Mem Mem Nud
LISTENING TO YOUR SOUL

I want to connect to my personal mission, and see my spiritual goal. As I get quiet and let my mind clear, I hear the stirrings of my soul. I am here for a higher purpose, a larger reason that I will connect to. Allowing all the clutter in my realm to dissolve, I see a clear picture and am guided by the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment