Monday 16 July 2012

NO COMPARISONS

This is so true for us right now.  I always avoid comparisons between Neytiri, Mo'at and Tsu'tey.  That's the only way I can keep it real.  None of us is better or worse than the other, nor is any relationship better than the other; it just is what it is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have all experienced times when we felt like we are better or worse than others: "I have less money than she does," or "I'm smarter than he is." But any of us on a spiritual path should know the importance of working on eliminating both self-praise and low self-esteem.

We should never consider ourselves better or worse than anyone else, no matter what the circumstances.

Life is about using exactly what we've been given to reveal as much Light as we are able in this exact moment.

For instance, when we are on a spiritual path, we may have more tools to connect to the Light than someone else has. But the person with more tools also has more responsibility to reveal Light for himself and others.

One way to stop the comparisons is to focus on the work we are here to do "the Light we are meant to reveal. If we are truly busy with doing our own specific work, we wouldn't even be considering if we are greater than or inferior to anyone.

Let's not get distracted from our work with comparisons of who has what.

On the spiritual path, we are all equal. Whenever we find ourselves feeling anything other than equal with others, let's shift the focus and find a way to reveal Light at that moment with exactly what we've been given.

All the best,

Yehuda

72 Name of the Week

Hei Yud Mem

UNITY

I will let go of comparisons.

I will let go of my desire to be right.

I will be less reactive and accept the beliefs and the ways of others, looking upon all with compassion and understanding.

As I foster unity in my own relationships, I will focus on how I can share the most with all I've been blessed with in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment