Wednesday 11 July 2012

I AM WHAT I AM!

Recently I have been feeling a bit down especially regarding my professional life and people around me have picked up on it.  My every prayer includes step 11 - knowledge of God's Will for me and I know it will all be alright but I'm not letting go.  I have some fears around the future.

This morning I jump in the car and the first affirmation I hear is : I AM WHAT I AM! and I make no apologies for it.  As long as I don't hurt anyone then it is fine being who I am. I do not need to live up to someone elses expectations of who I should be.

The next affirmation that strikes a chord is : In my world, nothing ever goes wrong.  I knew right away I had forgotten I am not alone.  I felt a sense of serenity and peace which set me up for the day.

Recently I have been drawn to Native American music and inspirations.  Neytiri suggested I watch the movie Apocalpto.  She felt very drawn to it, especially the scenery.  She looked like a Native American and I suggested may be we were in the culture in a previous life.  She said that it a beautiful thought!

She is still so very conscious of her MT.  I told her it's like in the MT advert he talks about it being the best part of the muffin. So she should think if it as being the best part of me.  Also it is 99% empty space!

She said she is coming to love and be loved.  I told her she is coming home!  I felt she had now let go.  I told her I would like to pick up where we left off.  She asked "What do you mean?". I said "24 years ago I left her on the excuse I'm going to the toilet.  Well, now I'm back!"

Only 6 sleeps to go before the Second Coming!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFLECTION FOR TODAY: Emotional pain is what brought me to CoDA. In spite of my fear, I went to my first meeting and found I was not alone. I also found hope. I heard how others had found help through the 12 Steps and through sharing with each other, and I made the commitment to give it a try. I attended weekly meetings, read the literature and tried to work the program in my daily life. After spurts of growth and slips, I realized I was getting better. The anxiety, panic and abnormal fears were beginning to lessen. I continue to attend meetings to maintain what I have learned and to contiue to grow as a person through my faith in my Higher Power. When I give hope to a new member by telling my recovery story, my growth is enhanced.

God, help me to remember the past pain. Help me to be grateful to the program and the people who have shared their thoughts, feelings, fears and faith with me. Let me never forget to look to you for guidance and to know you will support me.

Through pain comes groth and eventually peace and serenity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello My Friends,

The willingness and ability to live fully in the present moment eludes many people. While eating your appetizer, don’t be concerned with dessert. While reading a book, notice where your thoughts are. While on vacation, be there instead of thinking about what should have been done and what has to be done when returning home. Don’t let the elusive present moment get used up by thoughts that aren’t in the here and now.
There’s an irony to this habit of letting your mind drift to other times and other places. You can only drift off in the now, because now is all you ever get. So drifting off is a way of using up your present moments. You do indeed have a past, but not now! And, yes, you have a future, but not now! You can consume your now with thoughts of “then” and “maybe,” but that will keep you from the inner peace you could experience.
To practice living in the moment, stop and take notice of all that’s in your immediate space—the people, animals, plants, the sky, buildings, everything. Stay in the present by meditating and getting closer to the ultimate now…God.
Think about this. God will not be doing anything different one hour from now than God is doing now. And God is not doing anything different now from what God was doing a thousand years ago. The truth is that you can only come to know God if you’re willing to be at peace in the present moment.
I would like to let you in on a sublime secret that I learned from one of my most influential teachers: You will only come to truly know God when you give up the past and the future in your mind and merge totally into the now, because God is always here now.

Love you,
Wayne
Let Others Feel Your Positive Vibe

When you feel connected to and in harmony with the Divine Mind, the universal mind of intention, you’ll sense a major difference in how other people react to you. These reactions are important because they bear directly on your ability to fulfill your own individual intentions, your goals and dreams. The more closely you resonate with the frequencies of the universal all-creating Source, the more others will be impacted. They’ll gravitate toward you, bringing peace, joy, love, beauty, and abundance into your life. Here, in my opinion, are some of the ways in which you’ll impact others when you’re resonating with intention:
Your presence instills calmness.
When you coincide with intention, your impact on others has a calming influence. People tend to feel more at peace, less threatened, and more at ease. The power of intention is the power of love and receptivity. It asks nothing of anyone, it judges no one, and it encourages others to be free to be themselves. As people feel calmer in your presence, they’re inclined to feel safe, by virtue of the energy frequencies that you radiate. Their feelings are encouraged by your energy of love and receptivity, causing them to want to reach out and be with you.
Your presence leaves others feeling energized.
When you bring the frequencies of intention into the presence of others, they’ll feel energized just by being in your immediate circle. You don’t have to say a word. You don’t have to act in any prescribed fashion. Your energy of intention alone will make others in your field feel as if they’ve mysteriously been empowered. They’ll want to assist you in fulfilling your own dreams. Continue Reading…
Believe in your gifts and dreams…

“A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he be at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.” —Abraham Maslow

Abraham Harold Maslow (1908-1970) was an American professor of psychology. He stressed the importance of focusing on the positive qualities in people. A founder of Humanistic Psychology, he believed that every person has a strong desire to realize his or her full potential, to reach a level of "self-actualization". To prove that humans are not simply blindly reacting to situations, but trying to accomplish something greater, Maslow studied mentally healthy individuals. Mentally healthy, self-actualizing people tend to focus on problems outside themselves; have a clear sense of what is true and what is false; are spontaneous and creative; and are not bound too strictly by social conventions.
Maslow used Albert Einstein's writings and accomplishments to exemplify the characteristics of the self-actualized person. One historical figure Maslow found to be helpful in his journey to understanding self-actualization was Lao Tzu, The Father of Taoism.
Wayne studied the work of Abraham Maslow while completing his doctoral training in clinical psychology. Wayne received his doctorate at the time of Maslow’s death in June of 1970 and says that he almost felt that “he was picking up the baton” from his revered teacher. Another quote that Wayne often uses from Maslow is this:
“The highest quality that a human being can reach is to be independent of the good opinion of others.”
A powerful prayer for our Highest Self…

“Lord, make me an instrument of Your Peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love…”
—St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

The Italian founder of the Franciscan order of monks, St. Francis approached religion with joyousness and love, calling all living beings his brothers and sisters. The Prayer of St. Francis is one of the most famous and enduring of all prayers in recorded history. It expresses the deep yearning within all humans to be the spiritual being who inhabits our physical form. In the words of this prayer, St. Francis describes the essential content of our Highest Self.
To ask for the strength to sow love where there is hatred, hope where there is despair, and light where there is darkness is to ask to be free from the pettiness and judgment that imprisons us. It is a request to be an expression of the powerful love that we attribute to the Creator and that is part of our being.
When we know that we are never alone, we change our strategy for prayer and pray to that which we are already connected to; the highest, most sacred aspect of our own being. Instead of asking to be sheltered from danger, we ask for the strength to be fearless. Rather than asking for the removal of pain, we seek the ability to transcend it.
This prayer of St. Francis is a way of seeking to practice in everyday life consoling, understanding, pardoning, and giving actions. By reciting this simple prayer we are taking steps to true spiritual growth. We are leaving ego behind and allowing our sacred self to be a dominant force in our lives. The very private, almost universal, awareness or practice of prayer is an incredibly powerful force for transformation in our lives when we place the emphasis of this activity on a kind of communion with the infinite in which we ask for the strength and courage to operate our daily lives from the principles laid out by St. Francis.
When you pray to God, you pray to a silent and powerful eternal presence that is a part of yourself. Commune with this presence without any idea of being separate. Then practice the divine words of St. Francis and begin to put them to work in as many places as you can each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment