Friday 13 July 2012

Laying Our Burdens Down

 
12th July 2012 – Neytiri – I may only be able to Skype for half an hour to an hour today. Is that ok for you or do you just want to see me Tuesday?
12th July 2012 – Jake – Every second counts, half to 1 hour is good. Let me know when.
12th July 2012 – Neytiri – Probably same time. Will text you if anything changes.

Last night was our last Skype call (or maybe last ever!) before the Second Coming.  She was her normal radiant self and did not appear to be anxious until I told her "The window is open."  She said "Don't scare me."  She will need to soften her nerves with a drop or 2 of spirits (the alcohol type).  I told her I am high enough just being with her.  It is our destiny, if it is God's Will.

I told her my I AM WHAT I AM experience.  She told me her whole life she has been told what to be. Not only by her in-laws but also by her family of origin.  I told her in our culture we stay in relationships out of duty, family honour and responsibility; forsaking all else.  We live a lie in an outwardly appearing blissful relation to save face! Insane!  And worse, we believe everyone else in the community is the same or better!  Keeping Up Appearances for the "greater good"? Think not.

I told her not to allow her children to have the same experience but to set them free to discover their own experiences. Tough love! 

Tsu'tey came home early and we had a chat.  I was impressed when he told me how he gets meaning from listening to the words of a song carefully or listening to the dialogue carefully whilst watching a movie.  This stuff is catching on!  He also now understands " English literature"!

He told me if only we had found spirituality earlier in our lives.  I told him we were not ready.  The signs and messages were all around but we were blind to them.  The time was nor ripe. I said " Most people find spirituality on a down cycle and in our youth everything appears up."

He agreed and said there are a thousand paths just as long as we are on one.  He said it was a shame his brother's could not see the light.  I told him by just thinking that he is being judgemental and they are on the right path for them.  How will they know what's right if they don't know what's wrong? What is if you don't know what isn't? Accept what is; nothing more, nothing less.

I am grateful for us that he is enlightened enough to allow the Second Coming.


Only 4 sleeps to go before we are ONE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFLECTION FOR TODAY: I had fears of what God would ask me to be and do, fears of a life I did not want to lead. Slowly my faith has developed to where I am willing and able to turn my life over to God. Piece by piece I have ventured to give up control of my will and life and let God have control. Many times I take control back. At no time has it worked out better for me to have been in control rather than God. Every time God has been in control, it has worked out for the best, my spiritual progress had been gradual. As my trust in God has grown, the areas I surrender to my Higher Power have increased.

May I commit myself to letting you handle my life today.

In God's control, I am in the best care possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep Tight
“When a person goes to sleep at night, their soul leaves them to soar above, each soul according to its own way.” — The Zohar

When we sleep, the Zohar tells us that a major portion of our soul leaves our body to “plug in” to the 99 Percent World of Light. Just enough of the soul is left behind to keep our bodies safe from harm. Sleep is not merely a time for the body to rest; it is a time for the soul to access the source of its power. Dreams are a way that our soul reminds us of our spiritual work.

Turn the TV off before bed. Take a shower. Spend some quiet time beneath the sheets setting an intention for your nighttime journey. Ask the Light to show you messages in the form of dreams that will reveal their meaning to you, and provide you with guidance in removing the blockages from every area of your life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The Feet of the Divine




Lay your burdens down at the feet of the divine and feel the relief from your heart.


We all know the feeling of walking through life as if we are carrying the huge burden of our worries and stresses on our backs and shoulders, struggling to keep moving forward. There is no real way to move freely and fluidly in such a situation, and we are all longing to lay our burdens down. Just imagining that it would be possible to do such a thing can be enough to elicit a sigh of relief and a feeling of lightness. 


Visualizing yourself carrying your burdens to the feet of someone or something much bigger than you can be a powerful daily practice. To begin, sit with your eyes closed and envision an all powerful, supremely comforting being in what ever form that takes for you, standing at the end of a road. See yourself carrying a large sack, box, or other container, imagining that all your worries are inside it. Watch as you make your way to the being of your choice, and lay your baggage down at their feet. Allow yourself to feel the lightness and relief of this action, express your gratitude, and surrender. You will be amazed by how this simple meditation can liberate you from a burden you were never meant to carry.


The human imagination is a powerful tool, and we can use it to take journeys to faraway places without ever leaving our home. Because of this, we too can lay our burdens down at the feet of a divine being such as the great Mother, Buddha or a mountain. Releasing ourselves from that which we can’t handle on our own. No matter how smart we are, how capable we are, or how hard we work, no one can single-handedly cope with all the worries that we tend to take on in the course of our lives. And, we aren’t designed to do so. Our wellbeing depends upon our ability to hand over that which we can no longer carry by ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment