Wednesday 6 February 2013

Face Of A Faith (S)


  • My wife used to say I'm a hard man to know. Like a closed book. Complained about it all the time. She was beautiful. God I loved her. I just didn't know how to show it, that's all. I killed her, Red. I didn't pull the trigger, but I drove her away. And that's why she died, because of me. 
  • Bad luck, I guess. It floats around. It's got to land on somebody. It was my turn, that's all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has. 
  • I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.


  • Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. (Shawshank Redemption)



You are the light I follow
You are the face of a faith I love
Oh, my darling believe in me

You are the hymn I cover
You are the king of an Indian dove
Oh, my darling the fever in me

I wait for a while, I know
But I let it go, yes, I let it go
My fear is gone

You are the hope I cherish
You are the care of a prayer I love
Oh, my darling believe in me, in me
Believe in me

No comments:

Post a Comment