Tuesday 9 December 2014

Kindness

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. - Confucius
I suppose another word for this meditation could be "gratitude." Kindness and gratitude are connected because we are usually grateful for the kindnesses that we receive in our lives. This connection certainly holds for me. Sometimes I include in my morning meditation a reflection on those who have showed me kindness . . . and they are legion. Here are just a few: My parents; friends, the recovery community; the people with whom I'm fortunate to work; writers in history who have influenced my life; singers I've never met but who brighten up my days; my pets. It might be a good idea to spend some moments thinking about the kindnesses you have received in your life.
I show kindness because I need kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment