Tuesday 9 December 2014

Change

"Nothing stays the same. When you think you've got something down, it changes!" Leo Booth
I am aware life is about change. Even the familiar transforms at some point. When I was drinking, I hated change. I wanted to control everything and everyone; things had to be my way. Naturally, when accused of needing to be in charge, I replied, "Certainly not!" The addict's disease is fed by illusion and denial. Today I take a leap of faith and trust the universe will still be around in the morning and will probably look much the same. I seek to accept, one day at a time, that variety really is the spice of life and must include the awkward ingredient of change.
Creator, I accept and welcome the spiritual ingredient of change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment