Monday 7 October 2013

Law

Law

<!-Affirmation->
"The life of the law has not been logic; it has been experience." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr


<!-Meditation->
I respect the law. I respect the society in which I live. I am not an island unto myself. I live in a community and have a responsibility to myself and others; such is sobriety. For years, I did what I wanted and tried not to be found out. I was manipulative, dishonest, and unhappy. Then I decided to change my life. I discovered the spiritual law of freedom through responsibility. Law is the collective experience of the many who choose to live a certain way, and today I choose to live among them. My understanding of spirituality involves respecting the laws that give me the dignity of citizenship.
<!-Quote->
Dear God, help me see that the laws of civilization are a gift of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment