Tuesday 1 January 2013

THE MEANING OF PEACE

As a New Year starts, it's a good time to clean the slate and clear all the fears. 2013 will be the Year of Truth!

Yesterday Neytiri spoke to Mo'at after many years and the encounter appeared awkward, to say the least. Neytiri told  me afterwards she felt uncomfortable lying to Mo'at about her recent visit.

Why is it we lie? Why is it so easy? We lie because we think the truth will hurt our loved ones. But the real reason we lie is that we fear being free. Free from bondage. Free to be who we really are. Free to be selfish. It scares us. But The Truth will set us Free!

It is this very freedom we fear because then we can be ourselves, our true selves. Being True to who we really are is the ultimate in selfishness, which our belief system tells us is unacceptable. We have to be selfless to be "good". Everything we do is from a selfish point, even having children is selfish because it is we who decide we want children! All and everything is for our own self-interest.

Yet we fear the Truth because we are comfortable with the security the lie provides. We all want the security of marriage but not the bondage. Miserable together but happy not to be apart.

Recently all the signs/omens/messages I am getting is : "Tell the Truth!" I believe Sam Worthington (or at least the movies he appears in) is a personal messenger for me.  Most movies he stars in have omens for me. I cannot get the following out of my mind from the movie Last Night. It might not be the Truth but it is reality. The perceived truth.

I have to start 2013 with the truth and clear my truth telling chakra.


Her husband's best friend's dog.................

I liked Lauren. But I like this one much more. She's smart.

Yeah.
And she's funny.
Yeah.
She's gorgeous.
I know.
And she's honest. Well, I mean, besides the fact she's out with you when her husband's out of town.....But she's married.
I know.
No. you don't. No, you've never been married. I mean, fuck the vows, it's...it's the years you can't undo. You will never be able to take away the years with her husband. And the moment you try........this.....this will all be gone. And trust me......that'll be a shame. I'll bet you've....you've had less than a hundred days together, am I right?. It's the best. Be smart, keep it as it is.

Well, my Truth is, I can't keep it as it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I was speaking with a friend the other day and throughout our conversation, I noticed he was very tired. He couldn’t seem to stop yawning. When I asked him if he needed to get some sleep he answered, “The weird thing is, I slept last night more than I have all week!” 


It reminded me of people who come back from a great vacation and say, “It was so much fun, but I’m exhausted! I need a vacation from my vacation.”


The great kabbalists taught that to receive great Light, we must achieve a great inner peace – or, rest. But the true meaning of rest that the kabbalists speak of is something much more than just physical rest and comfort. On the contrary, this inner peace is achieved by overcoming our body’s desire to avoid discomfort.

A body in motion wants to stay in motion. A body at rest seeks more rest. When we train ourselves to be more and more in movement, in sharing mode, out of our comfort zone and going the extra mile, we actually find it easier to keep going and doing more! 

We will never find peace – real rest – by living life as if on vacation. 

Ironically, we can chase after physical rest all our lives and never feel any more relaxed or less stressed. 

It’s a paradox that you can’t really know until you try it, but peace is found when we continuously push ourselves to do more. 

Expanding our tolerance for discomfort is expanding our capacity for inner peace. 

72 Name of the Week

Vav Vav Lamed
DEFYING GRAVITY

I am throwing away my doubts, pessimism and limited nature. I want to see beyond the illusions!

I am listening to my soul and dropping my ego, making way for real fulfillment. I possess the powers of mind over matter, and I will use them by letting go of the limited thinking of the rational mind.

By putting the spiritual above the physical, everything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment