Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Battle

THE TRUTH: Lance Armstrong has faced Oprah to (hopefully) reveal his truth.  The outcome will be interesting and an omen!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Often when people begin a spiritual path, they want change to happen instantly. If it doesn’t, they get frustrated and wonder what’s holding them back. But change doesn’t happen because you’ve taken a class, have knowledge or insight. 


Change is a battle. 

Developing greater awareness is hard work. At every moment we have to put all our strength into the war against our old way of being, against the part of us that does not want change that is the voice of the negative side. I use the word “war” very deliberately because that’s exactly what it is. For real transformation to take place, we have to fight with everything we have, and when we are knocked down, we have to get up again knowing we are that much closer to winning than we were before. 

Rav Brandwein explained that the difference between those who win the battle and those that do not is that those who win knew at the outset that it was a battle and they knew that they would win. Those who do not, lacked this understanding and conviction. 

The war of consciousness is much more difficult than any physical battle. It is the war that tests us to become better people, and it is not one that is won easily. We need to know there is a process and to trust in it. 

The fruit that is not ripe today will someday be sweet. We will change. Our awareness will grow. It is our collective destiny.

While the ego will always seek immediate results, consciousness is developed and transformation occurs when we embrace the process and remain steadfast in battling our spiritual wars. 

As long as we choose to continue the battle, we are engaging in a process of change and remain connected to the Light. 

72 Name of the Week

Lamed Kaf Bet
FINISH WHAT YOU START

I see the battle before me and know I will win it. I feel frustration and procrastination drifting away.

I see myself with every breath getting closer to completing my goal. I feel stronger, more connected to my Light force. Laziness and doubts are gone, and I see myself fulfilled, creating more space for even greater accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment