Tuesday 19 March 2013

Our Real Work

Because They Are
 
LOVE is a state of mind. It is the love of people, not for who they are, but because they are.

It’s easy to have love for those we get along with. The challenge is seeing the Light that exists within every single person, no matter how negative they may seem.

LOVE is dependent on the state of the giver, not on the merit of the receiver.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before one of the great kabbalists was about to leave this world, he presented a spiritual gift to each of his students. To one, he gave his righteousness and to another his wisdom. But to one very special student, the teacher gave the work of “fixing the world.”

After the teacher passed away, his student began traveling, speaking to anyone who would listen. He made it his mission to awaken people to the error of their ways and provide them with spiritual tools to connect to the Creator. After two years of devotion and effort, he began to feel an emptiness and wondered if he was really doing the work his teacher had entrusted to him. In response to his questioning, the teacher visited the student in a dream and said, “You have traveled very far as you try to change the whole world, but how far have you traveled in trying to change yourself?”

It’s so much easier for us to see what’s wrong with others than to see our own faults, but our real work in this world begins with our internal process of transformation.

This was the reason I wrote the book The Power To Change Everything; to awaken us to the idea that as much as we want to change the world to make our lives better, the truth is that we need to change ourselves in order to make the world better. It is a paradox. The more you want to change the world, the more you have to change yourself.

Our work every day is that of personal transformation, to find our negativity and make a positive change bettering both our lives and the lives of others.

We all have the power to change the world, and we don’t have to look beyond ourselves to start fixing it.

72 Name of the Week
Kuf Nun Mem
ACCOUNTABILITY

I will be proactive and achieve my own fulfillment.

I take responsibility for all that occurs in my life and know that if I want to change my circumstances, it is within my control. I am not a victim. I am letting go of pain, and regaining control over my life.

I will not wallow or be held back because of assumed situations – they are there because of my actions and I will change them. Now.



No comments:

Post a Comment