Monday 15 October 2012

The Bridges Of Madison County

I watched the above movie on the weekend and WoW! what a movie. So very relevant for us.  I actually cried (first time ever whilst watching a movie!).  The next day I realised the crying was cathartic and my prayer to remove my shortcomings was answered! Sublime.

This movie reflects the dilemma we now face and has special messages for us.

With luck, a love like this happens to some of us sooner or later. For Robert (Jake) and Francesca (Neytiri), it was later. And it was glorious.

The following resonate for us:

  • I had thoughts about him. I hardly knew what to do....and he read every one. Whatever I felt, whatever I wanted, he gave himself up to.
  • And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman yet I was more myself than ever before. (just like Neytiri when she was unmasked!)
  • No matter how much distance we put between ourselves, I will start to blame loving you for how much it hurts. And forever these beautiful 4 days will seem just like something sordid and a mistake.
  • Do you think what happened with us, just happens with anyone? What we feel, what we feel for each other, we hardly 2 separate people now.
  • You know some people search all their lives for this and never find it. Other don't even think it exists.
  • You gone tell me that this isn't the right thing to do. To get out.
  • We are the choices that we have made. When a woman makes a choice to marry and have children, in one way, her love begins but in another way it stops. You build a life of details and you just stop and stay steady so that your children can move and when they leave they take your life of details with them. You're expected to move on again but you don't ever remember what it was that moved you because nobody says.......not even yourself.
  • I made an entire life disappear to start a new. You have to help me. 
  • Lose us. Don't throw us away.
  • I do not want to need you. Why? Because I can't have you. What difference does that make?
  • The answer I come up with, it seems I have being nudging my way here, it seems right now that all I've ever done in my life is being making my way here to you and to think about leaving here tomorrow without you.
  • I'll only say this once. I've never said it before but THIS KIND OF CERTAINTY COMES BUT JUST ONCE IN A LIFETIME!
  • There has not been a day since, I didn't think of him. When he said we are no longer 2 people, he was right. We were bound together as tightly as 2 people can be.
  • I gave my life to my family, I wish to give Robert what is left of me.
  • I love you both. Do what you have to, to be happy in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment